Product Engineer (Lead, Full-Stack)
Chopp is looking for a product-minded senior engineer who is thoughtful, responsible and passionate individual. Do you have the passion to make a big impact and delight customers by building the next generation of E-Grocery service that’ll be used everyday?
Then get excited about the challenges and the team you’ll have working with Chopp, solving real-world problems that can change people’s lives in a positive way!
- Manage a team of software engineers to develop the best-in-class E-grocery service at Chopp
- Coordinating with Product, Marketing, and other teams to identify problems and develop solutions for growth
- Monitor, maintain and scale our back-end infrastructure
- Work with web and mobile engineering team to implement and improve our customer experience
- Support the marketing and operation teams with business intelligence
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or similar role
- Experienced in system architectures & data pipelines
- Experienced in querying and working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experienced in debugging and performance optimization
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experienced with cloud service provider like AWS or GCP
- Experienced with web technologies and frameworks (NodeJS, ReactJS)
- Experienced with source code management practice using Git
- Experienced with DevOps and Continuous Integration and Delivery Practice
- Solid grasp of algorithms
- Writes clean, modular and well-documented code
- A passion for Developer Experience
- English reading and writing skills
WHO WE ARE
We are an early-stage startup in HCM sprinkled with a Silicon Valley-style culture. Powered by technology and a world-class customer experience, we aim to make healthier and safer food more accessible to consumers in Vietnam. Our team is lean with lots of opportunities to grow and learn. If you’re ready to take on rewarding roles and help shape the future of on-demand service from the ground up, join us!
- Location: Saigon, Vietnam
- Company Size: 10-50 employees
- Market: Mobile, E-Commerce, Logistics
- Compensation: Negotiable with stocks for full-time role
- True startup culture with no BS
- Make a difference and make people’s lives better
- Cutting edge technology
- Awesome product/perks/office
- Cool, talented and passionate colleagues
- Generous stocks/equity
- Quarterly performance-based bonus
- Stock Options (equity) for the right candidate. Our success is your success!
- Lunch, snacks & drinks in office
- Monthly allowance for gym & recreation (case by case)
- Sponsor for tickets to events and training workshops
- Monthly Team Happy Hour
- Quarterly Team Off-Site
HOW TO BE AWESOME AT CHOPP
- Be open-minded, collaborative, accountable, yet independent.
- Grow others as you grow yourself.
- Don’t tolerate BS, question authority and say what you mean.
- Embrace uncertainty and face challenges head on.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Be passionate and take ownership of your work.
- Be scrappy and take initiative.
- Proficient English communication skills, speaking and writing
- Wear multiple hats, even the straw-hat ones.
- Have a deep curiosity and passion for how things are designed, how things work and how to best bring ideas to the world
GOOD TO HAVE
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivated
- Passion for great design and usability
- Passion for good user experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to see the big picture
- Collaborates and works efficiently with cross-functional teams
- Past start-up experience